One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In addition, as suggested by Leins and Erbar, the zygomorphy of the flowers found in the Lobelias makes them more effective for pollination than actinomorphic flowers.’
- ‘Zygomorphic flowers were mostly found among hummingbird- and medium-large bee-pollinated species and, in fact, zygomorphy is largely known as a visual attractant for some groups of pollinators such as bees and hummingbirds.’
- ‘The point of this example is that as long as typical asterid flower development is maintained, a limited number of forms of zygomorphy are possible, and other forms are effectively off limits.’
- ‘Growth of the corolla and androecium show a dorso-ventral asymmetry that also results in zygomorphy.’
- ‘Based upon any classification, we must conclude that floral zygomorphy has evolved more than once, and if true, then we would predict different ontogenies leading to zygomorphy in different clades.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.