Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A projection of the temporal bone that forms part of the zygoma.
- ‘The zygomatic process of the squamosal is small and hidden from dorsal view by the expanded maxillae and frontals.’
- ‘The maxilla may be directly joined to the zygomatic process of the temporal bone by a dorsal extension of the zygomatic process of the maxilla.’
- ‘The frontal sinuses may be absent, small, or remarkably large, extending through orbital bones, zygomatic processes, and into the squamae.’
- ‘In some cases, the zygomatic process of the temporal bone is absent.’
- ‘Archerops further differs from Coelops species in its tall zygomatic process, smaller foramen ovale, and very narrow antorbital bar.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.