Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A projection of the temporal bone that forms part of the zygoma.
- ‘In some cases, the zygomatic process of the temporal bone is absent.’
- ‘The zygomatic process of the squamosal is small and hidden from dorsal view by the expanded maxillae and frontals.’
- ‘The frontal sinuses may be absent, small, or remarkably large, extending through orbital bones, zygomatic processes, and into the squamae.’
- ‘The maxilla may be directly joined to the zygomatic process of the temporal bone by a dorsal extension of the zygomatic process of the maxilla.’
- ‘Archerops further differs from Coelops species in its tall zygomatic process, smaller foramen ovale, and very narrow antorbital bar.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.