One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘All three fall into the category of type I syndactyly, or zygodactyly.’
- ‘The condition with 2 in front and 2 in back is called zygodactyly, and it's limited to a few groups, though it seems to have evolved multiple times.’
- ‘Rather than developing zygodactyly to aid running, Harris suggests that both the roadrunner and its predecessor began as tree dwellers and moved to the ground later.’
- ‘The modern roadrunner, is actually a type of cuckoo and, like all cuckoos, has two forward-pointing and two backward-pointing toes, a condition known as zygodactyly that is also evident in Shandongornipes tracks.’
- ‘The full spectrum of observed defects ranges from hypoplastic nails, cutaneous syndactyly, bony syndactyly, transverse reduction defects, zygodactyly, ectrodactyly, polydactyly, and brachydactyly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.