One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Rather than developing zygodactyly to aid running, Harris suggests that both the roadrunner and its predecessor began as tree dwellers and moved to the ground later.’
- ‘The condition with 2 in front and 2 in back is called zygodactyly, and it's limited to a few groups, though it seems to have evolved multiple times.’
- ‘The full spectrum of observed defects ranges from hypoplastic nails, cutaneous syndactyly, bony syndactyly, transverse reduction defects, zygodactyly, ectrodactyly, polydactyly, and brachydactyly.’
- ‘All three fall into the category of type I syndactyly, or zygodactyly.’
- ‘The modern roadrunner, is actually a type of cuckoo and, like all cuckoos, has two forward-pointing and two backward-pointing toes, a condition known as zygodactyly that is also evident in Shandongornipes tracks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.