One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An aerobic fitness programme featuring movements inspired by various styles of Latin American dance and performed primarily to Latin American dance music.
- ‘"As the biggest trend in fitness right now, Zumba has effectively transformed the way people work out," he said.’
- ‘They pay $25 upfront, and upon completion of the six sessions, which can range from personal training to Zumba, they get the money back.’
- ‘The companies paid $10,000 to sponsor exercise classes that draw up to 150 participants a session for yoga, Pilates, Zumba, and urban dance.’
- ‘Zumba is a one-of-a-kind exercise program that pairs Latin rhythms with red-hot international dance steps so you can have a blast as you party your way into shape.’
- ‘A friend has just told me about Zumba.’
Early 21st century: an invented word.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.