One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A spore of certain algae, fungi, and protozoans, capable of swimming by means of a flagellum.Also called swarmer
- ‘Even multicellular chromists, like brown algae and water molds, produce flagellated zoospores of this type.’
- ‘This suggests that infected host cells were negatively selected by the parasite zoospores under these conditions.’
- ‘For example, copper ions (from copper oxychloride) are toxic to the zoospores of grapevine downy mildew, thus preventing infection.’
- ‘Oedogonium grows in two different ways, through zoospores, or through syngamy of sperm and egg.’
- ‘Under these conditions, the overwintering resting spores germinate and can infect plants directly or through the production of zoospores.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.