One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of an animal) feeding on other animals.
meat-eating, flesh-eating, predatory, of prey, hunting, raptorialView synonyms
- ‘There were significantly more zoophagous bug species in wildflower areas than in pastures’
- ‘He decides the man is a zoophagous maniac.’
- ‘Zoophagous insects extract nutrients from a living animal host and represent a broad group of parasitic insects.’
- ‘Field studies have indicated that juvenile sardine are more zoophagous than adults.’
- ‘There is no character with the sustaining power of Count Dracula, or of Renfield, the zoophagous patient who eats flies and spiders.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.