Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘It is past three in the evening and it is the peak rush hour at the gates to the city's zoological gardens.’
- ‘The truth is, the lions were safely contained within the zoological gardens nearby.’
- ‘One of Denmark's largest zoological gardens, Aalborg Zoo, was the first to adopt the system.’
- ‘‘We normally sell to hotels and zoological gardens, I have never heard of a court building having them inside before,’ he said.’
- ‘Founded in 1878, Leipzig's zoo is one of the oldest and most important zoological gardens in Europe.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.