The branch of zoology that deals with the geographical distribution of animals.
- ‘Howell's other main focus of research was on the zoogeography and geographic distribution of birds in Central America, particularly Nicaragua.’
- ‘His 170 publications dealt mainly with the taxonomy, zoogeography, and evolution of birds, but also with territory theory and brood parasitism.’
- ‘From 1970 through the mid 1990s, Paynter and Traylor collaborated to produce a series of ornithological gazetteers that form a backbone for primary research on South American zoogeography.’
- ‘The programme therefore encompasses geo-science, oceanography, marine ecology, coelacanth biology, zoogeography, population genetics, and genome resource studies.’
- ‘The study of zoogeography attempts to answer questions about how and why fish faunas differ across geographic regions.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.