One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of zoology that deals with the geographical distribution of animals.
- ‘His 170 publications dealt mainly with the taxonomy, zoogeography, and evolution of birds, but also with territory theory and brood parasitism.’
- ‘Howell's other main focus of research was on the zoogeography and geographic distribution of birds in Central America, particularly Nicaragua.’
- ‘The programme therefore encompasses geo-science, oceanography, marine ecology, coelacanth biology, zoogeography, population genetics, and genome resource studies.’
- ‘From 1970 through the mid 1990s, Paynter and Traylor collaborated to produce a series of ornithological gazetteers that form a backbone for primary research on South American zoogeography.’
- ‘The study of zoogeography attempts to answer questions about how and why fish faunas differ across geographic regions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.