One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Each of a number of major areas of the earth having a characteristic fauna (especially mammals). They include the Palaearctic, Ethiopian, Oriental, Australian, Nearctic, and Neotropical regions.Also called faunal region
- ‘Housefly collections from five continents and six zoogeographical regions were obtained with the help of collaborators.’
- ‘Wallace, in 1876, proposed 6 major zoogeographical regions to explain the distribution of faunal groups.’
- ‘Crane flies are cosmopolitan in distribution, with about 15,000 described species in all zoogeographical regions.’
- ‘The Caspian Sea is considered an independent zoogeographical region due to the diversity, specificity and endemism of its fauna.’
- ‘The Western Ghats region of India is rich in freshwater fish fauna comprising of 288 species, 118 being endemic to this zoogeographical region.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.