Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small zone.
- ‘Accommodation is the process in which the ciliary muscles contract and relax tension on the zonules allowing the lens to change shape.’
- ‘This assemblage is equivalent to the kochaspid ‘zonule’ of Palmer and Halley.’
- ‘The excluded volume of ciliary zonule digests contained abundant fibrillin microfibrils.’
- ‘Dr. Zinn was honored for both his passions, with a flower named zinnia and a part of the human eyeball forever since known as ‘Zinn's zonule.’’
- ‘Division of subzones into zonules is the ultimate expression of such patterns.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.