Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small zone.
- ‘Division of subzones into zonules is the ultimate expression of such patterns.’
- ‘This assemblage is equivalent to the kochaspid ‘zonule’ of Palmer and Halley.’
- ‘Dr. Zinn was honored for both his passions, with a flower named zinnia and a part of the human eyeball forever since known as ‘Zinn's zonule.’’
- ‘The excluded volume of ciliary zonule digests contained abundant fibrillin microfibrils.’
- ‘Accommodation is the process in which the ciliary muscles contract and relax tension on the zonules allowing the lens to change shape.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.