One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A system of alternative medicine (such as reflexology) in which different parts of the feet or hands are associated with different parts of the body.
- ‘During the 1930s, therapist Eunice Ingham further refined the zone therapy into what we now refer to as foot reflexology.’
- ‘Zone therapy is a therapeutic massage and pressure on certain areas of reflex zones under the foot (foot zone therapy) or in the hand (hand zone therapy).’
- ‘The concept of massage pressure on the soles of the feet is not totally new, since there are many professional semi-professional and lay persons that practice reflex zone therapy in some degree.’
- ‘This means that, if any area of the body is not functioning properly, reflex zone therapy can help relieve the problem.’
- ‘With zone therapy, the body is divided by vertical lines into five zones on the left side and five zones on the right side.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.