Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Used to express great surprise or excitement:‘ZOMG!! I finally managed to reformat the file’
- ‘Ahhh I met Dougie up close and touched his hand ZOMG.’
- ‘So you're right, ZOMG!’
- ‘And zomg I was there from 6.30 pm-10.30pm.’
- ‘And zomg I love the evil villains.’
- ‘Zomg, the effects are so dated.’
- ‘Then ZOMG THERE IS MY DAD STANDING RIGHT ACROSS THE ROAD!’
- ‘He broke the Olympic Record with a throw of 90.57 - zomg that's like 57 times my height.’
- ‘ZOMG okay my love for meat has been rekindled.’
- ‘Zomg the Mango Fish Wrap is damn nice!’
- ‘There were many a thoughtful gifts: including the (zomg) massage!’
Early 21st century: supposedly resulting from fast or careless typing of OMG, during the course of which the shift key is missed and the 'z' key pressed instead..
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.