One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In other words, the zodiacal constellations named in ancient times no longer correspond to the segments of the zodiac represented by their signs.’
- ‘A full explanation of this is given here, but in brief: the astronomical constellations are not the same thing as the zodiacal divisions used in astrology, and should not be confused.’
- ‘And of the 12 zodiacal constellations, five have become entirely invisible in the most light-polluted skies - and the seven remaining ones are all missing some stars.’
- ‘Book III consists largely of tables of numbers, whose columns are headed by zodiacal and planetary symbols, suggesting astronomical data.’
- ‘I didn't have the heart to point out the zodiacal error, that Leo is usually depicted as a lion.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.