One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjectiveZoology
- ‘Specimens of Aeolidiopsis ransoni are found living on colonial zoantharians of the genus Palythoa.’
- ‘Chaetodon capistratus is a browser who feeds on anthozoans preferring hexacoral such as scleractinians, anemones, and zoantharians.’
- ‘Of particular interest in this volume is the review of Sympagurus hermit crabs, some of which live in symbiosis with sea-anemones or zoantharians than can produce pseudo-shells.’
- ‘The oldest known fossil zoantharian corals are from the Lower Cambrian; they are common fossils in rocks of every subsequent geologic period because of their easily preserved skeletons.’
- ‘It feeds mainly on sponges, but also takes tunicates, algae, zoantharians, gorgonians, hydroids, bryozoans, and seagrasses.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.