Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The basic monetary unit of Poland, equal to 100 groszy.
- ‘President Lech Kaczynski and Poland's parliament each pledged a million zlotys in support for the victims.’
- ‘The Polish zloty is the world's best-performing currency this year, gaining 16 percent against the euro and 25 percent against the dollar.’
- ‘If the police or authorities notice them moonlighting, then the employee faces a 5,000 zloty fine.’
- ‘The Polish economy has been under pressure and the zloty has fallen by about 10 per cent against the euro since the start of June.’
- ‘The nurses are demanding an increase of 500 zlotys a month.’
Polish, literally golden.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.