One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The basic monetary unit of Poland, equal to 100 groszy.
- ‘The Polish economy has been under pressure and the zloty has fallen by about 10 per cent against the euro since the start of June.’
- ‘The Polish zloty is the world's best-performing currency this year, gaining 16 percent against the euro and 25 percent against the dollar.’
- ‘The nurses are demanding an increase of 500 zlotys a month.’
- ‘President Lech Kaczynski and Poland's parliament each pledged a million zlotys in support for the victims.’
- ‘If the police or authorities notice them moonlighting, then the employee faces a 5,000 zloty fine.’
Polish, literally ‘golden’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.