One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cheap home-made or makeshift gun.‘I made the zip gun in class out of a toy aeroplane launcher’
- ‘He became involved in the usual high jinks of young boys: nearly jumping out of a window upon watching too much Superman on TV after being cooped up all summer long; making zip guns; hanging out with gangs.’
- ‘McVay leads a gang of kids armed with switchblade knives and zip guns who set upon Klein on his way to rehearsal with his doo-wop group, the TeenTones.’
- ‘Do we get any personal defense aside from our zip guns?’
- ‘He faced the Hulk across a boxing ring, in the gym where a kid with a zip gun once tried to kill Jack McGee.’
- ‘That's what she said anyway, by the time I was old enough to make my first zip gun I knew that temp was just another name for hooker.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.