Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A computer file whose contents are compressed for storage or transmission.
- ‘This zip file contains a HTML file and an executable called foto1.exe.’
- ‘Download the fancy font to a folder on your computer - you will receive the font as a zip file.’
- ‘Download the giant zip file and there's a single 90 minute long mp3 file.’
- ‘Essentially this enables you to take one zip file and split it into multiple files.’
- ‘If the file inside the attached zip file is launched the worm will be activated, capturing keystrokes during online banking sessions which could include passwords and financial account information.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.