One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A computer file whose contents are compressed for storage or transmission.‘a self-extracting zip file’
- ‘Download the fancy font to a folder on your computer - you will receive the font as a zip file.’
- ‘If the file inside the attached zip file is launched the worm will be activated, capturing keystrokes during online banking sessions which could include passwords and financial account information.’
- ‘Download the giant zip file and there's a single 90 minute long mp3 file.’
- ‘This zip file contains a HTML file and an executable called foto1.exe.’
- ‘Essentially this enables you to take one zip file and split it into multiple files.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.