One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘She'd boil a dozen eggs to use later for deviled eggs - hers were zingy with mayo, sharp mustard, bit of vinegar, the perfunctory paprika.’
- ‘The chef's salad was mostly iceberg lettuce - depressing in the winter, but a cooling crunch in the summer - with a zingy vinaigrette.’
- ‘We can't repackage politics in a zingy way to make it more interesting to young people if they're not interested.’
- ‘It also had a creamy dressing, which isn't exactly what I expected, but it was zingy and didn't taste commercial.’
- ‘Try to avoid putting flame bright colours next to wishy-washy pink, or vice versa, but don't be afraid to mix bright colours in zingy combinations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.