One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A white pigment consisting of zinc oxide.
- ‘It is neither as white as zinc white nor as opaque as titanium, but is excellent for making tints of cooler colors.’
- ‘I use titanium white all the time… but find the zinc white a real pain!’
- ‘The color of naples yellow, which can range from a pale yellow to a light reddish brown, is usually simulated with a mixture of yellow cadmium sulfide and red iron oxide, lightened with zinc white.’
- ‘Chinese white is a special grade of zinc white used in artists’ pigments.’
- ‘Titanium white tends to have a slower drying time than lead white, but dries faster than zinc white.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.