One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An insoluble white solid used as a pigment and in medicinal ointments.
Chemical formula: ZnO
- ‘Your doctor might have you use antihistamine pills, a steroid cream, calamine lotion, or zinc oxide cream.’
- ‘For many parents it is more practical to buy a nonprescription diaper cream or ointment, like zinc oxide, to soothe and protect areas of skin that are prone to diaper rash.’
- ‘Physical sunblocks deflect light; they usually contain zinc oxide or titanium dioxide and typically go on thick and white.’
- ‘People who react to standard sunscreens might look for a lotion containing physical blockers like zinc oxide or titanium dioxide.’
- ‘Sunblocks containing powdered titanium dioxide or zinc oxide dispersed in a base of petroleum jelly became available over 50 years ago.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.