One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Ointment containing zinc oxide, used for various skin conditions.
- ‘The zinc ointment can also be used at the beach for that classic summertime ‘lifeguard’ look!’
- ‘Using a cotton swab, apply a few drops of vitamin E from a capsule or a dab of zinc ointment inside the tip of your nose every night before bed until your nosebleeds stop.’
- ‘The wounds in these were treated according to one of four treatment regiments: untreated; polyurethane film; 7% bacitracin zinc ointment, and 7% bacitracin zinc ointment plus polyurethane film.’
- ‘Applying copious amounts of polymyxin B-bacitracin zinc ointment over several days should emulsify and remove residual tar.’
- ‘In winter, zinc ointment protects skiers the sun and from its often intense reflection off the snow.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.