One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A unit of information equal to one sextillion (10²¹) or, strictly, 2⁷⁰ bytes.
- ‘A zettabyte, incidentally, is roughly half a million times the entire collections of all the academic libraries in the United States.’
- ‘Humanity's total digital output currently stands at 8,000,000 petabytes—which each represent a million gigabytes—but is expected to pass 1.2 zettabytes this year.’
- ‘We are talking just under half a Zettabyte.’
- ‘This means that 1,000 exabytes equals 1 zettabyte (ZB), and 1,000 zettabytes equals 1 yottabyte (YB).’
- ‘This is 42 zettabytes, more than 32 million times larger than the projected storage of the 2007 computer cluster.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.