One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Refusal to accept antisocial behaviour, typically by strict and uncompromising application of the law.
- ‘The Web has proven that customers have zero tolerance for fragmented lines of business.’
- ‘Their zero tolerance crackdown has led to some people taking their case to court - where they lost and had to pay double.’
- ‘The latest edict from Murrayfield on zero tolerance for violent behaviour was also tested when a fight broke out.’
- ‘The latest twist in the tale is an apparent conflict between drug abuse zero tolerance and medical applications of the drug.’
- ‘Mrs Charity said one test for good governance in areas needing aid was zero tolerance of corruption.’
- ‘Every employer should have a written policy of zero tolerance for workplace violence.’
- ‘She has declared a national program of zero tolerance of violence against women.’
- ‘Illegal parking outside schools is the next target on Witham police's zero tolerance hit list.’
- ‘They are stepping up their campaign of zero tolerance to combat violence towards staff’
- ‘He said there would be zero tolerance and the police would be aggressive in dealing with unruly elements.’
- ‘First and foremost I would like to commend the head of state for his zero tolerance for waste and corruption.’
- ‘Zero tolerance for drugs means zero tolerance for absent-mindedness.’
- ‘Policing is being pressured to have zero tolerance of the socially marginal and outsiders.’
- ‘The authorities talk about zero tolerance when it comes to taxi violence.’
- ‘Police have been cracking down in the area on prostitution creating zero tolerance zones.’
- ‘Rather than build facilities, the government prefers zero tolerance and punishment.’
- ‘Let there be zero tolerance for abuse and violence against women!’
- ‘If we want to send out a strong message on zero tolerance of violence against women then we should start here.’
- ‘What happened to the patrols we were promised by the police and zero tolerance?’
- ‘I would also like to remind our President about his speech on zero tolerance of corruption.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.