One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large German dirigible airship of the early 20th century, long and cylindrical in shape and with a rigid framework. Zeppelins were used during the First World War for reconnaissance and bombing, and after the war as passenger transports until the 1930s.
- ‘The Zeppelin airship is back, almost 70 years after it went down in a blaze in an accident in Germany.’
- ‘Relics from a golden age of flight when Zeppelins and airships ruled the skies have been on sale at a Swindon auction house.’
- ‘Airships were also constructed, especially by Germany, which used Zeppelin airships for bombing attacks against civilian targets.’
- ‘For the fist time, civilians themselves were targeted with bombing raids by Zeppelins and coastal raids by the German Navy.’
- ‘London attacked from the air by German Zeppelins.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.