One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Brazilian calathea with leaves which are horizontally banded in light and dark green and purple.
Calathea zebrina, family Marantaceae
- ‘Those that have allowed their zebra plants to wilt a time or two knows the results.’
- ‘Someone gave Joshua a zebra plant with some lucky Chinese coins in it.’
- ‘These natives of the American tropics are commonly called zebra plants due to the characteristic striped foliage.’
- ‘It is very similar to a calathea or a zebra plant, but it doesn't have the purple underside.’
- ‘Fertilize your zebra plant every month with a half-strength solution of an all-purpose soluble fertilizer.’
- ‘I moved my zebra plant to the bathroom where it's more moist but it still has brown edges and then drops leaves.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.