One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the island of Zanzibar or its inhabitants.‘the island's chef cooks up Zanzibari cuisine’
- ‘The crowd was transfixed for the entire hour of the show as a variety of acts moved effortlessly in and out of routine through fantastic choreography and music from a Zanzibari six piece band.’
- ‘One of the best places in Stone Town to sample Zanzibari seafood is at the night market close to the old town walls.’
- ‘It is an old palace with an exceptional rooftop restaurant, where we sat on cushions on the floor and ate course after course of delicious Zanzibari delicacies.’
A native or inhabitant of the island of Zanzibar.‘they asked every Zanzibari to give their opinions’
- ‘Often, Zanzibaris still prefer sitting outside and watching the world go by to watching TV.’
- ‘Many Zanzibaris are farmers cultivating on a small scale, and cassava is their favorite crop, although rice is also consumed in large quantities.’
- ‘He asked Zanzibaris and investors to spare no plans and ideas which may help to boost tourism in Zanzibar.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.