One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A heavy uncharged elementary particle considered to transmit the weak interaction between other elementary particles.
- ‘In addition, the theory requires that the W and Z particles, like the photon, should be massless.’
- ‘The W and Z particles are quite massive for elementary particles; they are roughly 100 times as massive as the proton.’
- ‘Initial operation involved low beam intensities, and these runs failed to produce W or Z particles.’
- ‘The Z particle decayed almost instantaneously, but left a distinctive trace in the collision data.’
- ‘The W and Z particles are called intermediate vector bosons and are the exchange particles for the weak interaction.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.