One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for chronic fatigue syndrome
- ‘Because they have no obvious biological cause, some doctors and researchers dismissed them in the past as hysteria or the ‘yuppie flu.’’
- ‘Once called the ‘yuppie flu’, there has been a history of prejudice and scepticism about ME, among some in the medical profession as well as ordinary people.’
- ‘About 240,000 people are thought to have the illness, which in the past was dismissed by some as ‘yuppie flu’.’
- ‘Women are being diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome in huge numbers and yet the illness is still called ‘yuppie flu’ and treated with anti-depressants.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.