One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- informal derogatory term for chronic fatigue syndrome
- ‘About 240,000 people are thought to have the illness, which in the past was dismissed by some as ‘yuppie flu’.’
- ‘Because they have no obvious biological cause, some doctors and researchers dismissed them in the past as hysteria or the ‘yuppie flu.’’
- ‘Women are being diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome in huge numbers and yet the illness is still called ‘yuppie flu’ and treated with anti-depressants.’
- ‘Once called the ‘yuppie flu’, there has been a history of prejudice and scepticism about ME, among some in the medical profession as well as ordinary people.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.