One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A member of a people of Arctic Siberia.
- ‘Commercial values attached to sable-hunting were woven into the social fabric of Yukaghir life.’
- ‘Since we are still technically still at war with the Yukaghir, your actions were technically treasonous.’
- ‘From the Abazians to the Yukaghirs, read about the people, tribes, dialects, and languages of Russia.’
- ‘The position of Yakut is now less strong, but most Yukaghirs have some command of Yakut as well.’
- ‘The Yukaghir live in the northeast of Russia, in the Republic of Yakutia, above the arctic circle.’
2mass noun The language of the Yukaghir, of uncertain affinity.
- ‘The number of speakers of Yukaghir has diminished greatly since these verses were collected.’
Relating to the Yukaghir or their language.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.