One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & noun
- another term for Yupik
- ‘Like the Subarctic peoples but unlike most Native Americans, the Inuit, Yuit, and Aleut peoples today retain much of their ancient way of life.’
- ‘Inuit and Yuit believed in the existence of a multitude of spiritual forces in charge of the universe, including the souls of humans and other animals, various seldom-visible dwarfs and monstrous beings, and other powerful beings.’
- ‘The stacks of driftwood are actually Yuit houses - note the roof-doorway on the house at the right.’
- ‘The Asiatic Yuit are unique among Eskimo groups in having clans.’
- ‘To the right is a list of some of the most requested web services the average Yuit client may require.’
Siberian Yupik, literally ‘people’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.