One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to characteristic of the former federal republic of Yugoslavia or its people.‘the Yugoslavian government’
- ‘In a nearby village there actually was a Yugoslavian restaurant.’
- ‘Schools in the former Yugoslavian country of Serbia have a history of churning out skilled engineers.’
- ‘He won the Yugoslavian chess championship a record 12 times.’
A native or inhabitant of the former federal republic of Yugoslavia.‘he was a Yugoslavian by birth’
- ‘The Yugoslavians had been the last repeat champions, winning in 1998 and 2002.’
- ‘The fourth successful ascent to the Hidden Peak by two Yugoslavians was in 1977.’
- ‘Yugoslavians celebrated their team's World Championship in Belgrade yesterday.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.