One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Used to express approval, excitement, or enthusiasm.‘yowza, that was some exciting basketball weekend’‘a compact flatbed scanner for a mere $20, yowza!’‘Yowzah! These results are incredible’
- ‘Then you get out on the open road and really step on the gas and Yowzah!’
- ‘I'm also surprised that CBS put that on at 7:30, yowza.’
- ‘With exclusive offers from local retailers, Yowza!’
- ‘Yowsa, this was one of the most delicious and flavorful dinners we have had in a while.’
- ‘Yowza, that is quite a list.’
1930s (as yowzah): perhaps representing a regional or colloquial pronunciation of yes sir.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.