One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who uploads, produces, or appears in videos on the video-sharing website YouTube.‘we've been seeing top YouTubers getting TV deals over the last couple of years’‘I asked my kids who their favourite YouTubers were’
- ‘In the most puzzling transformation, she now goes by the name of VenetianPrincess and is a successful YouTuber.’
- ‘The fact is companies need YouTubers now more than ever.’
- ‘The 29-year-old YouTuber has just launched a new series on a TV network, airing Friday nights!’
- ‘YouTuber Hugo took a selfie of himself every day from the age of 12 to the age of 19.’
- ‘If a YouTuber asks for money for delivering great content, it's not wrong - it's a compensation.’
- ‘He has made a name for himself by doing the opposite of other fellow YouTubers.’
- ‘With that in mind, here's a list of five Canadian YouTubers that should be on your radar.’
- ‘Only two percent of YouTubers who had less than 5000 subscribers said they took money from a publisher.’
- ‘Jim had jobs in insurance and retail before finding success as a YouTuber.’
- ‘The YouTuber applied a liquid foundation directly onto the end of an angled foundation brush and dotted the product onto forehead, cheeks, chin and nose.’
Early 21st century: from YouTube, the proprietary name of the video-sharing website.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.