Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Having a young appearance.‘I ask him how he manages to stay so youthful-looking’‘new, fast ways to get youthful-looking skin’
healthy, healthy-looking, clear, bright, youthful, youthful-looking, wholesome, blooming, glowing, unblemishedView synonyms
- ‘Time trialling also remains a major weak point for the youthful-looking cyclist which he needs to drastically improve to live up to his early promise.’
- ‘The crowd outside was mostly youthful-looking, with a few people showing that carriage that comes with maturity.’
- ‘Plastic surgeons, as well as dermatologists, also work wonders with more costly resurfacing procedures that expose youthful-looking skin.’
- ‘Store clerks are supposed to ask youthful-looking buyers for identification and deny sales to those under age.’
- ‘"You haven't changed at all in the last 10 years," accuses a youthful-looking Brendel, 73, pretending to be peeved.’
- ‘Decades have passed since the peak of his popularity, but the youthful-looking singer still believes people will enjoy his music.’
- ‘At 61, Jong is still blonde, attractive and youthful-looking.’
- ‘Though relaxed and youthful-looking in jeans and a t-shirt, he clearly finds his job overwhelming at times.’
- ‘As we talk, a remarkably youthful-looking Helen prepares for the little reception they plan to hold in the villa that same afternoon.’
- ‘At 69, she is alarmingly youthful-looking.’
- ‘He is always immaculately turned out and infuriatingly youthful-looking for his age.’
- ‘Women tend to believe long hair is more youthful-looking, so they hold on to styles that worked for them years ago.’
- ‘By the time the play had completed a tour of the provinces in 2007, she was a still youthful-looking 85.’
- ‘A life-size picture of a youthful-looking Barnard was flanked by two huge bouquets of flowers at the front of the church.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.