One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
usually treated as plural Young farm animals.
- ‘Rocky is well bred, has an excellent temperament with good conformation and is now looking for a super home, preferably with other youngstock.’
- ‘What are the obvious alternatives for youngstock and finishing cattle?’
- ‘The youngstock for sale are our own.’
- ‘We have a small selection of foals and youngstock for sale for 2007.’
- ‘The stud always has a variety of youngstock for sale.’
- ‘Most of our youngstock are for sale.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.