One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Used to express emphatic agreement.‘‘The weather's been bad.’ ‘You can say that again!’’
- ‘‘Are you guys all right? I know that wasn't the smoothest car ride.’ ‘You can say that again,‘I said, my toe still throbbing.’
- ‘It's not something we can predict too far in advance. You can say that again.’
- ‘He said of his book that it is ‘philosophy as it has never been seen before’ - to which the only possible short reply is ‘man, you can say that again’.’
- ‘Jesse cocked his head to one side, muttering, ‘you can say that again’.’
- ‘‘It is unbelievable that we won’ - yeah, you can say that again.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.