One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Used to express emphatic agreement.‘‘The weather's been bad.’ ‘You can say that again!’’
- ‘Jesse cocked his head to one side, muttering, ‘you can say that again’.’
- ‘It's not something we can predict too far in advance. You can say that again.’
- ‘He said of his book that it is ‘philosophy as it has never been seen before’ - to which the only possible short reply is ‘man, you can say that again’.’
- ‘‘It is unbelievable that we won’ - yeah, you can say that again.’
- ‘‘Are you guys all right? I know that wasn't the smoothest car ride.’ ‘You can say that again,‘I said, my toe still throbbing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.