One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- as modifier ‘yoof culture’non-standard spelling of youth
- ‘The commentary is quiet, informative, credible and, in a few years' time, will probably be replaced by an excited yoof.’
- ‘The yoof really had it bad in the 60s, didn't they?’
- ‘The yoof won't watch it.’
- ‘From midnight tonight I will no longer be a yoof.’
- ‘The yoof's always in front of you.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.