Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The value of stress at a yield point or at the yield strength.
- ‘It is important to appreciate that equations cannot be used to predict the lower yield stress unless the resultant grain size is known.’
- ‘In these alloys, yield stress have been shown to have only a weak dependence on grain size.’
- ‘If the decrease occurs at a constant yield stress then the fracture stress and fracture mode will vary.’
- ‘As the material strain-hardens, the yield stress increases.’
- ‘Since materials plastically deform as the yield stress is exceeded, a plastic zone will form near the crack tip.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.