One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality of being Jewish; the Jewish way of life or its customs and practices.‘he spreads the ways of Yiddishkeit to less religious Jews’
- ‘The ethics of Yiddishkeit, of Jewish humanism, did not come out of the air.’
- ‘The entire scope of Yiddishkeit will benefit by looking more closely into the mystical understanding.’
- ‘Like Sophie Tucker, the later Woody Allen and Ben Katchor, Cahan had merged Yiddishkeit with popular culture.’
- ‘It will help me start back on the road to Yiddishkeit, and get me closer to Hash-m.’
- ‘Well, together we started exploring how to connect ourselves to Jewish life, and I'm happy to say that our growing devotion to Yiddishkeit in many forms had a profound impact on one of my stepsons, who is now a Hillel Director.’
Late 19th century: from Yiddish yidishkeyt.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.