One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In the morning (or afternoon etc.) of yesterday.‘my wife had a baby boy yesterday morning’
- ‘I got in yesterday morning full of enthusiasm for re-arranging my bedroom.’
- ‘Wardship proceedings in the case of the twins were issued yesterday morning in the family division of the High Court.’
- ‘The teenager taken to hospital yesterday morning was released by the afternoon.’
- ‘They had arrived yesterday morning and they claimed to be taking an afternoon walk.’
- ‘He woke me up yesterday morning with gentle purring as he padded across my duvet, then rolled on his back to have his tummy tickled.’
- ‘Early yesterday morning there was an insurgent attack to the north of our base camp.’
- ‘I wrote the above yesterday morning as I stared at the computer screen not sure where to start at all.’
- ‘I was at my desk before nine yesterday morning and left it just after nine - twelve and a bit hours later.’
- ‘But in the early hours of yesterday morning, the penny dropped in Murray's mind.’
- ‘When Jose Mourinho looked out his bedroom window yesterday morning, he would have liked what he saw.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.