One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to Yemen or its people.‘the Yemeni president’
- ‘On 22 May 1990 the new Yemeni nation was born.’
- ‘The Yemeni troops attacking Al Qaeda bases in eastern Yemen are Muslims.’
- ‘British Muslims held by Yemeni authorities are to be charged with terrorism.’
- ‘Probably half the people on the list are Saudi and one-third are Yemeni.’
- ‘Allegedly, he orchestrated the attack on the USS Cole in the Yemeni port of Aden.’
A native or inhabitant of Yemen, or a person of Yemeni descent.
- ‘In a phone conversation with a fellow Yemeni in Pakistan, he mentions several Muslim names that the journalist does not recognize.’
- ‘For one thing, the Yemeni might be reluctant to see the investigation stray into uncomfortable areas.’
- ‘Why should an American care about a Yemeni?’
- ‘More than half of all Yemenis are small farmers.’
- ‘If you take that literally enough, almost any Yemeni is guilty.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.