One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Blues yelper Lee Fields outdoes Chris Jones with what is probably this New York label's most danceable record.’’
- ‘True, Britney's got better pipes than these eager yelpers.’
- ‘The simple fact is, roughly 13-foot tall yelper Angus Andrew is a striking enough physical presence that he could probably just work without any music at all and still be a show and a half unto himself.’
- ‘Most of the ‘yelpers’ had sidekicks who were smaller and backed up the hearty yell with their own high-pitched style, letting the others know they rolled with a pack.’
- ‘‘It's funny,’ says Kenny Bridges, one of the band's two guitarists and lead yelpers, ‘it was going on for a really, really long time, but we didn't talk about it ‘cause we were paranoid about jinxing things.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.