One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Overhead, the full moon leered yellowly between ghostly wisps of cloud, and the Cathedral bells began to chime.’
- ‘Distant lights beckoned yellowly, and Gideon moved towards them, his collar pulled uselessly up about his neck.’
- ‘Gideon picked the ring out of his pocket, holding it aloft to glitter yellowly in the sun.’’
- ‘The street lamps shone yellowly on the sad, dirty remains of the last snowfall. ‘I should have brought my rubbers,’ someone said.’
- ‘Walking, the fairly turned pianos yellowly softly sweat.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.