One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cheap novel in a yellow board binding.
volume, tome, work, printed work, publication, title, opus, treatiseView synonyms
- ‘This is the first volume in what will be a multi-volume set devoted to a bibliography of over 25 publishers of Victorian yellowbacks and paperbacks.’
- ‘There is some wear but generally this is a very good copy of a yellowback.’
- ‘This website celebrates this process with sections on printing technology, illustrations, lithography, wood engraving, the novel, yellowbacks, penny dreadfuls and children's books.’
- ‘Being victims of their own success, many dime novels and yellowbacks are fragile or in poor repair.’
- ‘The volumes shown here are typical examples of Ward & Lock's early small format and later large format yellowbacks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.