One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A yellow variety of the sweet pepper.
- ‘These make a fine evening snack, or - garnished with chopped red and yellow peppers - make a suitable party hors d' oeuvres.’
- ‘No cottage garden can match the riot of colour: rich-red tomatoes; orange carrots; yellow peppers; and subtly contrasting shades of green and purple salad leaves, gently douched at regular intervals from concealed showerheads.’
- ‘In the store today, for example, I weighed some yellow peppers: $5.97 for two of them.’
- ‘Those looking for something more substantial can try the perfectly cooked omelets made to order - with fillings such as spinach, goat cheese, and yellow peppers - and served with buttery fried potatoes and toast.’
- ‘Juice the yellow pepper, then the red pepper with the chilli.’
- ‘He scoops up a selection of the sliced eggplant and limps over to the grill on his stovetop, where he carefully lays them to cook alongside the red and yellow peppers.’
- ‘Use Sacla tomato, mushroom and red chilli gratinata instead of the yellow pepper smoked garlic sauce and substitute red peppers for the yellow peppers.’
- ‘Selection baby corn, baby courgettes, thick asparagus tips, red or yellow peppers cut in strips’
- ‘To start I had the Greek salad of cos and oak leaf lettuce, red and yellow peppers, paper thin red onion slices, creamy feta cheese and a herb and mustard vinaigrette.’
- ‘My plate was filled with tender strips of chicken and pork together with mushrooms and green and yellow peppers.’
- ‘Add the red peppers and yellow peppers and saute until tender, about five minutes.’
- ‘Pizzas are made with fluffy dough and a selection of toppings, including red and yellow peppers, tomatoes, black olives, mozzarella and portobello and porcini mushrooms.’
- ‘Thread two metal skewers with 100g steak, cut into cubes, along with chunks of yellow pepper, onion, cherry tomatoes and mushrooms.’
- ‘Grill a red and a yellow pepper until the skins are blackened.’
- ‘The roasted red and yellow peppers, zucchini, eggplant and asparagus were just so, and the heady porcini mushroom risotto underlying it all was lusciously creamy.’
- ‘Enhanced by lettuce, red and yellow peppers this was filling enough to keep me going until our evening meal.’
- ‘Containing feta cheese, sun dried tomatoes, yellow peppers and olives, I found it tasty but not enough to have me running back for more.’
- ‘Very good served with French beans and yellow peppers stir-fried in olive oil with slivers of garlic.’
- ‘8 free-range chicken pieces; 1 tbsp white wine vinegar; juice of 1 large lime; 2 yellow peppers, deseeded and sliced; 1 large pinch of chilli powder’
- ‘The more vivid the colour, the more nutrients the pepper contains, so while green peppers are often the least expensive, red and yellow peppers are the real nutritional bargains.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.