One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tropical virus disease affecting the liver and kidneys, causing fever and jaundice and often fatal. It is transmitted by mosquitoes.
- ‘Vaccinations are available to people travelling to areas where they may be exposed to serious diseases such as malaria, typhoid or yellow fever.’
- ‘Far more important is their role as vectors, transmitting some of the most serious tropical diseases such as yellow fever.’
- ‘These mosquitoes transmit yellow fever virus and dengue virus, which can cause dengue hemorrhagic fever.’
- ‘Mosquitoes, poisonous snakes and tropical diseases such as yellow fever and typhoid caused many to succumb.’
- ‘They are the menace of summer, spreading malaria, yellow fever, encephalitis and West Nile Virus.’
- ‘Also, you have to look into diseases like malaria, dengue fever, yellow fever, and typhoid.’
- ‘There is no malaria in Seychelles, and yellow fever and other tropical diseases are not a problem either.’
- ‘Moreover, the only diseases that members are required to report are yellow fever, plague and cholera.’
- ‘In order to establish a colony of treehole mosquitoes he read everything he could about Aedes mosquitoes, which served as vectors for the yellow fever and dengue fever viruses.’
- ‘Passengers were inspected for contagious diseases such as small pox, yellow fever, scarlet fever, and measles.’
- ‘From dengue fever to malaria to yellow fever, this insect spreads more human illnesses than any other.’
- ‘This is dismissed by Holmes as a misinterpretation of the ravages of yellow fever and other tropical diseases.’
- ‘But vaccination against deadly diseases such as yellow fever and malaria is essential.’
- ‘Malnutrition and tropical diseases, such as yellow fever and malaria, are serious problems.’
- ‘Traveling to exotic locales brings the risk of yellow fever, typhoid fever, hepatitis and other dangers.’
- ‘Famous members of this family cause dengue fever, yellow fever and Japanese encephalitis.’
- ‘There was a hearing in Parliament saying that the project was studying a mosquito that could transmit yellow fever, a disease that wasn't in India then.’
- ‘The yellow fever mosquito Aedes aegypti is the most common vector of yellow fever and dengue fever flaviviruses.’
- ‘Diseases like smallpox and yellow fever killed many.’
- ‘In Liberia, the major health issue is infectious diseases, including yellow fever, cholera, typhoid, polio and malaria.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.