A procession or pilgrimage, especially one with a religious purpose.
procession, march, cavalcade, motorcade, carcade, cortège, ceremony, spectacle, display, pageant, concours, file, train, columnView synonyms
- ‘It also said that these and other facilities are provided in other religious festivals also such as during Amarnath yatra and Kumbh Mela.’
- ‘The insistent advice to observe restraint was given after the Indian Parliament was attacked, after the Kaluchak massacre and after the murder of Hindu pilgrims on the Amarnath yatra.’
- ‘Following the bad weather conditions, the authorities have suspended the yatra and all the pilgrims have been asked to remain at the base camp.’
- ‘In fact, one would find very few Maharashtrian families that have not done the Ashtavinayakadarshan yatra once in their lives.’
- ‘When Hindus go on their yatras like the Kumbh Mela, the entire arrangement is done at government cost.’
From Sanskrit yātrā journey, from yā go.