One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A ritual sacrifice with a specific objective.
- ‘Hundreds of men, women and children participated in the yajna, performed pooja and offered prayers to Lord Indra to seek rain showers.’
- ‘In most of the Vedic and Tantric rituals the right hand, with which the yajnas, homas and pujas are performed, is purified by wearing a pavithra ring on the ring finger.’
- ‘It is a common practice that the head of the family is the karta of major yajnas and rituals along with his wife.’
- ‘Drawing on ancient scriptures, content includes learning the proper performance of yagnas, samskaras, puja, Vedic astrology and more.’
- ‘Their traditional role in mythology was to wreck the sacred sacrifice, the yagna, and wreak havoc on figures of power and authority.’
- ‘Directions for performing different types of yajnas are specifically arranged for the highest realization of the Supreme Lord, as confirmed in the Bhagavad-gita by the Lord Himself.’
From Sanskrit yajña ‘worship, sacrifice’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.