A friendly form of address.‘chuck me a cigarette, yaar’‘‘Arré please yaar, why harass an old man?’’
man, my friendView synonyms
- ‘As Aamir Khan says in Dil Chahta Hai, ‘It's serious, yaar!’’
- ‘Things came to a point where someone would call Music Masala and ask ‘Hey, where's the party, yaar? ‘they would go ‘Party, what party?’’
- ‘Arrey yaar… you planning to take Mrs. Gupta to the dance or what?’
- ‘‘Highly improbable story, yaar,’ one youth tells his mates as they leave the cinema hall, and I stifle a wry smile.’
- ‘‘Aare… you killed me yaar,’ screamed Tej as his friend and cyber foe, Vinay, finished him with ‘a burst of bullets’ from his ‘machinegun’ in the virtual world of gaming.’
Via Hindi from Arabic yar friend.