Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
adjective & noun
- ‘comics aimed at both YAs and younger readers’short for young adult‘contemporary YA fiction’
- ‘Mockingjay is the final installment in the best-selling YA trilogy.’
- ‘Are books the perfect way for teens and YAs to explore issues and the questions they have?’
- ‘YA adaptations have, on average, tended to see a drop of around 55 percent, but there is some variance among series.’
- ‘Ultimate Spider-Man is very much a teen story, a YA comic before YA became a thing.’
- ‘YAs reported symptom severity, symptom interference, and variations over time that were distinct from older patients.’
possessive determiner & pronoun
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.